“Multispecialty consultation for Houston’s most fragile babies”
The NICU Grad Clinic provides state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary care to high risk and medically complex infants. Our goal is to enhance the care offered by primary care physicians to at risk infants.
Why a Pulmonologist?
Children that are born prematurely may have a unique set of pulmonary and medical problems. More specifically, these children are at risk for developing a pulmonary condition, known as bronchopulmonary dysplasia or chronic lung disease.
All children with this disorder should be under the care of a pediatric pulmonologist. These children are more susceptible to viral infections and require a comprehensive approach in management.
As part of these children’s care, we administer Synagis to increase protection against the potential life threatening complications from a virus known as RSV. It is given monthly during RSV season for babies (less than 2 years of age) that were born premature or have congenital heart disease.
* Multispecialty consultation and monitoring with pulmonary, neurology, developmental, and sleep services
* Coordination of rehabilitative team: speech, occupational, physical therapy and nutrition
* Prompt outpatient follow-up after discharge with focused visits at 2 weeks up through infancy and beyond
* "Wrap around services" to coordinate ECI, home care, DME, educational, and medical services.
* Synagis program for prophylaxis against RSV (respiratory syncytial virus)